We look at some of the factors that make Mahalaxmi a popular residential destination among Mumbai’s elite As working professionals spend more time at home during these volatile times, in the aftermath of the COVID-19 pandemic, they feel a greater need to upgrade their apartments. They are looking to invest in products and services that enhance the quality of life, without compromising on luxury. There has been a significant increase, vis-à-vis buyers seeking properties in elite neighborhoods like Mahalaxmi in south Mumbai. Many high net-worth individuals (HNIs) and ultra-high-net-worth individuals (UHNIs) have realized the importance of owning well-designed homes by reliable developers. For these individuals, opulence and class involve making the finest choices in luxury. In that regard, Mumbai’s Mahalaxmi offers an extraordinary lifestyle and is an aspirational destination for homebuyers amid the charm of south Mumbai.
Let us look at some of the reasons that make Mahalaxmi a popular destination among Mumbai’s elite, to own a residential abode.
Having the best views is considered a key factor when choosing a luxury dream home today. Mumbai is home to the 140-year-old Mahalaxmi Race Course that hosts the iconic derby races and Sunday brunches, among others. The 225 acres of Mahalaxmi Race Course is nestled in the heart of Mumbai city and is a symbol of prestige. Alongside the heritage racecourse is the Arabian Sea with its picturesque views and coastal vistas, thus, offering a coveted address for life. Only a few cities in the world are lucky to have a racecourse in the heart of the city and Mumbai happens to be one.
Infrastructure development and connectivity
Mahalaxmi and south Mumbai have long-established links to the rest of the city, due to their excellent connectivity. Furthermore, there are several infrastructure projects planned in Mumbai, such as:
- The Mumbai Port Trust area along the eastern waterfront, spanning 10 km. In the heart of Mumbai, this is one of the best waterfront properties located in the city.
- The monorail development will further ease the journey from Chembur to Jacob Circle near Mahalaxmi, in 45 minutes.
- The BMC plans to construct two road overbridges (ROBs) to ease traffic congestion around Mahalaxmi station and to provide motorists with direct connectivity to Haji Ali Junction and Worli Naka.
- Along with the ROB, the connectivity from Mahalaxmi will be enhanced further with the Mumbai Metro Line 3, which is expected to decongest the roads and make commuting easier.
- The extension of the coastal road is also in progress. The 10.58-km coastal road will connect Nariman Point to Bandra-Worli Sea Link.
- Twin tunnels of 2.07 km will connect Girgaum Chowpatty and Malabar Hill. This project will comprise a pedestrian promenade that is 7.7 km long, stretching from Priyadarshini Park to Haji Ali and from Haji Ali to Worli.
These developments will reduce travel time and offer excellent connectivity, increasing the value of the properties in Mahalaxmi. Evidently, residents of Mahalaxmi are a short distance away from the city’s main arteries.
A preferred location for developers
Many renowned developers in Mumbai are introducing luxury projects in Mahalaxmi, which offer picturesque views of the Mahalaxmi Race Course and the Arabian Sea. These projects are in proximity to the central business districts, airports, key roadways, clubs, commercial centers, and five-star hotels, making it a perfect area to own an abode. Moreover, the closeness to social amenities and superior connectivity help these residential projects redefine the meaning of a luxurious lifestyle.
Mahalaxmi is a well-developed locality, with proximity to heritage and cultural places, such as the Mahalaxmi Temple, Haji Ali, Willingdon Sports Club, and Mahalaxmi Race Course. It offers homeowners an opportunity to turn their dreams into a reality, by owning an abode with unparalleled views and redefining the experience of an opulent lifestyle.