People often try to make sure that their offices adhere to Vastu Shastra guidelines, to usher in luck and fortune. From maintaining cash flow to business stability, it is believed that Vastu can play a role in everything that you do in the office. In fact, if properly followed, Vastu can also bring financial prosperity and holistic well-being at your workplace. To help you with this, we delve into some important Vastu guidelines that you can follow at your office.
Vastu tips for seating arrangement
Department-wise seating arrangement
- Entrepreneurs should sit facing the north, east, or north-east, as these directions are said to encourage growth and new beginnings.
- People who are in marketing or sales should face the north-east direction, to ensure proactiveness. They can also sit in a north-west direction.
- Account department officials should sit in the south-eastern corner and should face the north-east direction.
Seating arrangement for managers and owners
- People in leadership roles, should have a cabin in the west direction and face the north-east direction.
- Business owners should sit facing the east or north directions. Also, there should be a solid wall behind the seat and not a wooden divider or curtain.
- Managers, directors, and executives should sit in the south-west, south or west corner of the office. This will help the workforce take better decisions.
Employee seating arrangement
- Employees must face the north or east while working in the office, as it improves productivity. Employees should not sit directly under a light beam. If it is unavoidable, then, it can be covered with a wooden board.
Vastu tips for office entrance
- The entrance of the office should be in the north or north-east or north-west direction.
- These directions are considered to be auspicious and bring positivity.
- North direction is also known as the direction of the lord of wealth. It will help you in accelerating financial profits, as well.
Vastu tips for office décor and interiors
According to Vastu guidelines, the north direction is ruled by the god of wealth while the north-east direction is indicative of a person’s financial health. You can keep a mirror or Kuber Yantra in the north direction or on the northern wall of the office, to ensure good financial health.
- Avoid piling up of finished goods in the north-east direction, especially in front of the office desk. You can place these goods in the north-west direction, to ensure smooth clearance of unsold stock.
- Place your safe in the south-west corner of the office, to keep financial documents. The safe should face the north-eastern direction, to ensure prosperity.
Vastu tips for the reception at the workplace
- The reception of any office should be built in the north-east or east direction.
- The receptionist must be seated facing north or east.
- The logo or the company profile should be on the southern wall of the reception area. Vastu also says that the reception table should be placed diagonally to the front door of the office.
- French lavender flowers or green jade flowers can be kept at the reception area. You can also keep a four-leaf clover plant at the entrance.
Vastu tips for pantry/canteen area at the workplace
- The pantry should be constructed in the south-east direction.
- At any cost, it should not be located in the north.
- The walls of the pantry can have colours like light blue or green and plants can also be kept in the pantry.
Vastu tips for washrooms at the workplace
- Washrooms are considered to have bad or negative energy. So, it is very important to get the placement of the washroom right.
- The washroom should be in the west or north-west direction.
- Washrooms should never be in the east, north-east or south-east directions.
Vastu tips for your office desk and cabin
- Place a mountain scenery in your cabin, behind the chair.
- You can also place a turquoise pyramid on the desk, for better relations with your employees and peers.
- Keep your desk clean and clutter-free.
- Do not let unimportant documents pile up on your desk.
- Keep papers and books locked away.
- Throw away broken stationery as it acts as an obstacle to financial prosperity.
Vastu tips for choosing wall colours for the office
Always use bright colours for the wall paint and décor, as it spreads positivity, reflects light and keeps negative vibes at bay. Here is a colour guide for your office:
|Blue: This colour makes the overall aura cheerful and full of positive vibes. You can use this colour for the southern wall.|
|Green: Use different shades of green colour as it is beneficial for professional relationships. Paint the south-western wall in green colour, to promote harmony in the office culture.|
|White: Use different shades of white, cream and yellow in the south-east, east, north-east and north-west corners and walls.|
|Red and pink: Usually, office interiors are not painted in red and pink tones but if you want, you can use these colours on the southern walls.|