Shifting to new places brings a lot of hassles for the occupants. In addition to being stressful, overseeing the entire process of packing and moving can also be hectic. One of the major tasks is to find reliable packers and movers service in your city, which can deliver your things safely and in a timely manner. While the internet is flooded with listings of movers and packers companies, many of them can be scams. Also, if you are moving to a new city, it is important that you ensure your luggage remains safe during transit. To help you navigate through these problems, here is a detailed guide that you can follow when you are moving from one home to another.
How to find the right moving company?
One should put some extra effort into researching the company, before hiring a packer and mover. You can use Housing Edge services, to pick from a list of reliable movers and packers companies that are verified and offer premium services. Here is how to find one:
- Visit Housing Edge and select ‘Packers and Movers’.
- Submit your details.
- Get quotes and select the service provider you like.
- Discuss the details and other important things.
- Pick the desired loading slot.
- Get your things loaded, relocated, and unloaded.
One of the major benefits of choosing a movers and packers company through Housing Edge services is that you get 100% insurance under HappyLocate Assure Program, for any kind of damage during transit.
Finalizing packers and movers: Things to know
- Talk to multiple service providers and understand the process from start to end, for a clear understanding.
- Take quotes and ideas of costs of relocation from three or more companies, to make an informed decision.
- Do background research about the company. Search the internet and read reviews about the company, its branches, support policies, and cost breakups.
- You can also ask for references from the company’s past customers so that you can verify the quality of service.
- Do not forget to read the terms and conditions and also add clauses, if needed, to ensure your safety if anything goes wrong.
- Declare the value of the goods being packed and moved and opt for insurance accordingly.
- Sign the packing list after reading it carefully.
- Do not make any payment in cash and do not pay the entire amount in advance.
- Understand the liability cover, which is a maximum of up to 12 times the amount you are paying for the service. So, if the freight charge you paid is Rs 15,000, then, the company is liable for a maximum of Rs 1.8 lakhs for damages, irrespective of the value of the goods being packed and moved.
Responsibility of packers and movers company
- Bringing and using good quality packing materials to pack each item safely.
- Labeling each and every box to locate them while unpacking.
- Creating a detailed and itemized packing list of the goods being packed.
- Handling and loading the goods carefully, in a logical order, onto a truck.
- Getting the packing list signed by the owner and transporting the goods to their destination.
- Once delivered, getting the delivery slip signed from the receiver.
- Unpacking and arranging the items at the new place. However, this is a value-added service and is usually chargeable.
- Providing transit insurance and settling claims, if anything gets damaged as per the value declared.
Packing and moving tips to make relocation easier
Once you have decided to relocate, it is important that you start well in advance, to avoid last-minute hassles. Here are some tips to follow, if you are moving home from one place to another:
- Start packing from the rooms which you rarely use and then, move to the area which is utilized the most. This will avoid chaos at the last moment.
- Create a checklist of all your belongings and categorize them accordingly. You can mark them as per room or where you want to keep them in your new home. Check off the items as soon as it gets packed.
- Mark the relevant boxes as ‘fragile, ‘accessories’, ‘liquid’, or ‘electronics’, to avoid any damage. This will help you sort things out easily while unpacking and save a lot of time.
- Ensure that you ask your packing company to bring anti-static bubbles for packing your electronics.
- Always prefer packing tape over duct tape as the latter is not very reliable for holding heavy materials tightly.
- Make sure the fragile items are packed with extra care and safety. Keep a layer of bubble wrap around the items, so that they can absorb shock and rough handling.